What is Pearson Mastering Biology?
Pearson Mastering Biology is a special collection of vital study resources. With this online database, you get access to homework assignments, tutorials, and personalized assessments. With them, you can control and track your progress from the comfort of your own computer. In fact, you get higher grades in class because the product is designed to improve your skills and memory retention.
This digital learning environment combines a variety of different methods to strengthen a student’s understanding of the course material. Meanwhile, the performance boosters align with common biology textbooks so you can organize better study groups and focus on relevant lessons. Best of all, it’s pretty affordable even for broke college students.
DID YOU KNOW: Your access code is supposed to last until the end of your course, but some codes can last as long as 2 years.
How does the program help science students?
Your college isn’t open 24/7 and neither are the professors who teach there. Furthermore, today’s social climate can make on-campus attendance much harder. So, online resources like Pearson Mastering Biology help science students stay on top of their work even when they can’t be in a physical class.
Virtual tutoring has its pros and cons, with a major con being the lack of meaningful connection with other students. But MP Bio fixes all that by offering digital platforms that fully engage learners. On top of that, course instructors can hand-pick certain study materials to ensure their students are on the right track.
5 tips for using Pearson Mastering Biology for college
In truth, the website is pretty intimidating at first, but this program isn’t as complex as it seems. There are a few tips and tricks that can help you make the most of your membership and customer service is always available. So, learn these 5 simple things before signing up:
- Use the online assessments to find your best study program. That way, you’re not practicing things you already know.
- Ask your professor to help you out because they’ll have a better idea of what’s required for a degree.
- Take a bunch of tours to learn about new features. After all, the PMB is always updating.
- Download the app to use the program on your phone or tablet. Then, take your studies with you everywhere.
- Prep for your exams by taking a few self-study quizzes. There are plenty on the site and they’re all included in your membership.
If all else fails, talk to your professors and/or admission counselors for more information on the program. Remember, it’s not free so you should try to use it wisely.